Friday, January 1, 2016

Think of a City

Happy New Year, friends.

I'm a big fan of Alison Sampson and Ian MacEwan's Think of a City project.

I mean, I don't really know much about it beyond that they are the people who are said to manage it and that the basic premise seems to be that all types of talented artists contribute their own single image to continually provide the next aspect of the "city", creating a continuously growing and changing whole of their individual pieces.  Okay, when I think of it that way, I guess I do seem to have a decent handle on what the whole thing is about.  Maybe there's more to it.  Maybe there's less.  Either way, the contributes they've had have created some incredibly beautiful imagery.

Therefore, instead of the longer form stories that I've been writing up here the past three months, in my ongoing quest to continue making new comic script, my plan for January is to return to my always treasured one-page scripts, taking the different Think of a City entries as my point of inspiration.

I hope they don't mind if I play in their sandbox for a while.  And I hope you'll enjoy the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment