Monday, September 17, 2012

Serena

The fifth panel obviously has to take up the biggest part of the page.  Beyond that, I ain't picky.

1 - Serena, a young woman of 18 or 19, looks towards the sky, awe on her face.

CAPTION (SERENA): I've always wondered what they are.

2 - Pull out a bit to show Serena walking through her town, still looking up.  Think medieval / fantasy small hamlet.  Lots of other townsfolk are now visible, but none of them are looking up.

CAPTION (SERENA) (1): I don't know why, but no one else has ever seemed that interested.

CAPTION (SERENA) (2): No one curious as to how they do it - how they stay up there.

3 - Serena is in her thatch house home.  It's a pretty meager little place.  Serena is grabbing some supplies, the most evident of which is a grappling hook at the end of a long rope.

CAPTION (SERENA): No one but me.

4 - Serena is walking up a steep hill.  She steps with purpose, her rope and grappling hook clearly visible at her side.

CAPTION (SERENA): Well, I'm through with wondering.

5 - Serena stands at the top of the hill, looking down into a large valley.  Above the valley (and what she's looking towards, of course) are a number of floating islands (or skylands, for short) that are just hanging in the sky through no evident means or manner.

CAPTION (SERENA): It's about time to get some answers.

And with that, I'm back.  I seem to be channeling some of the same vibes of late (medieval / fantasy heroes and floating things), but I'm still a pretty big fan of this one.  The image strikes me as something rife with story potential, and while there's only the beginnings to Serena's character here, I like her already.

No comments:

Post a Comment