Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Weekly Pull - June 22nd

Another week, another pile of comics to take home.  While I was drafting my list, I noticed that I didn't have all that many single issues (only five this week), so I decided to pick up a graphic novel or two.  To be fair, that's only half true.  I've talked a little bit about how much I've been enjoying Judd Winick's run on Power Girl, and since I don't own all the issues, picking up the first trade seems like a sound plan.  On a similar bent, I figured I might as well keep up the Girl theme and pick up Gingerbread Girl.  Okay, that's mostly a lie.  I heard about Paul Tobin and Collen Coover's project a few months back at Top Shelf's website, but kind of forgot about the whole thing shortly after.  I don't really know all that much about it, but now that it is coming out in print, I figured I would give it a look.  (If you follow that link, you can actually read the whole comic online - just so you know).

You can see the rest of my picks below.

Marvel
MYSTERY MEN #2 (OF 5)

DC Comics
BATMAN GATES OF GOTHAM #2 (OF 5)
FLASHPOINT KID FLASH LOST #1 (OF 3)
FLASHPOINT LOIS LANE AND THE RESISTANCE #1 (OF 3)
FLASHPOINT THE OUTSIDER #1 (OF 3)
POWER GIRL BOMB SQUAD TP

Other Companies
GINGERBREAD GIRL GN

As you can see, my habit of purchasing Flashpoint tie-ins remains unabated.  I've enjoyed checking out most of these issue 1s, but I don't think I'll be following them all through to issue 2.  Of the ones dropping this week, I really only expect to be buying the next issue for Lois Lane and the Resistance, but we'll see how it goes.  Gates of Gotham 1 was a little underwhelming for me, but I've signed on for the second part of the story due to my faith in Scott Snyder's storytelling.  Hopefully that gamble pays off.  Despite all these uncertainties, if Mystery Men 2 is anything like Mystery Men 1, I know I will have at least one good comic to read this week.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment