Monday, July 4, 2011

The Train

          A few years ago, City Hall had announced an ambitious plan to revitalize and rejuvenate the city's subway system. Many promises were made, ranging from cleaning up and expanding stations to replacing worn track and laying new pieces for additional lines and routes. Most of all, there was a strong push to replace the ageing subway trains with the latest and most advanced m. With time, these newer models replaced every single one of the old clunkers.
          Every single clunker except for this one, that is. Somehow it had avoided the entire initiative, although that wasn't necessarily a good thing.

I'm working on rewriting on old short story of mine that takes place on a subway train.  Among the changes I'm hoping to make, I would like to increase the car's presence in the narrative.  This is only a small example of how that goal could be achieved, but I thought I would share it nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment