Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Weekly Pull - July 20th

A bit of an odd week for me.  After what seems like forever of buying way too many books, I'm actually getting relatively few this time around.  Of course, despite the small number of comics, because one of them is a graphic novel, this will still wind up costing me somewhere in the 50 or 60 dollar range.  But that's what I get for pursuing an interest that releases on a weekly basis.

Without further ado, here are the titles I'll be working my way through this week.

Marvel
DAREDEVIL #1
SPIDER-ISLAND SPOTLIGHT

DC Comics
BATMAN GATES OF GOTHAM #3 (OF 5)
FLASHPOINT DEADMAN AND THE FLYING GRAYSONS #2 (OF 3)
POWER GIRL #26
THUNDER AGENTS #9

Other Compaines
DUKE NUKEM GLORIOUS BASTARD #1 (OF 4)
ONE SOUL HC
MISADVENTURES OF ADAM WEST #1

As you can see, I'm picking up 8 floppies and 1 hardcover.  I don't know much about One Soul aside from the fact that it is apparently 18 different narratives that take place in parallel throughout the 170 plus pages of the graphic novel.  I couldn't really imagine what that would look like, so I had to pick up the book to figure it out.  I'll be sure to tell you how it goes.

On the single issue front, only the DC books are ones that I pick up regularly.  And as much as I love my Batman, Flashpoint, Power Girl, and THUNDER Agents action, 4 books just isn't enough for a weekly pull in my mind.  Consequently, I decided to take a chance on 4 other books that I knew little to nothing about.

T-that plan made more sense in my head.

Either way, that happened, and I am cautiously excited for Daredevil #1.  I've never really been a Daredevil man, myself, but Ryan Lindsay has been hyping up the character for ages, so I figured the least I could do is give the new series a chance.  The only downside is, if I really like it, that means I'll have a new book I have to pick up every month, only adding to the ever-growing number of comic books that I own.

I don't know much about the Spider-Island Spotlight, but I figured that if I've been following the rest of the Spidey titles thus far, I might as well go all the way and pick that one up too.  We'll see how that one works out.

As for Duke Nukem and Misadventures of Adam West, I do not have terribly high hopes for either of these books.  I definitely added these to the list on a whim, thinking that they might make for some good popcorn reading.  However, I think it is just as likely that they will be completely unreadable.  I'll try to go into them with an open mind, but who knows what will lie within?

So those are the books that I'm picking up this week.  What about you?  Any titles that you've been eagerly anticipating?  Or, like myself, have you gone out on a limb on any issues, hoping to find a gem in the rough?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment